Guest Sanford Grain Storage (Historic Site #7)
The Guest and Sanford grain storage property was purchased for $200 in 1957. Earl Guest and Paul Sanford built a grain storage building on the property in 1958 to store government grain purchased from local farmers. The grain storage building was built with a tin exterior and wooden planks on the inside walls. It had an aeration system to stabilize moisture and heat. The interior lumber is all original. The building’s capacity was 2,250,000 lbs. of grain. The building was renovated for use as a theater (Silver Spur). And, again renovated for the Barrow Brewing Company, serving excellent craft beer. (SHSL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
108 Royal Street, Salado, TX 76571