Old Salado Cemetery & Historic Graveyard (Historic Site #9)
This graveyard, a 2.5-acre site given by E. S. C. Robertson, is the final resting place for many prominent Salado residents. Many of the gravesites have Texas Historical Commission Markers. The earliest marked burial site is 1856. Oral tradition indicates there were others buried there prior to then, but those earlier burials are not marked or documented. Stones throughout this section of the graveyard mark old burial sites since carved markers were not readily available. Marble was used as a common marker in later years since it was easy to carve and was imported from other states. (RTHL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO HISTORIC LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
1109 Baines Drive, Salado, TX 76571