Salado Methodist Church Chapel (Historic Site #12)
The Salado United Methodist Church was built in 1890 and portrays the popular Carpenter Gothic Revival style of that time. The congregation was originally formed in 1854 by a circuit rider at Pecan Grove but didn’t have a building before this one. The stained glass windows have been added throughout the years. The building was moved to a new location on Royal Street in 2005 to make room for a new sanctuary and offices/classrooms. Because of its historic significance, the building was kept in its original form and restored. Today it is used for special occasions. The original site of the church was on Thomas Arnold Rd. (RTHL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO HISTORIC LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
650 Royal Street, Salado, TX 76571