Rose House (Historic Site #11)
The Maj. A. J. Rose House was built in 1870. The home is made of wood-frame with an ell-shaped plan in the Greek Revival style. Maj. Rose built this house for his wife Sarah and their eleven children. The house was built on a large amount of land at the east end of Salado. It remained in the Rose family well into the 1960s. He died in 1903 and his wife in 1900. (RTHL, NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO HISTORIC LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
903 Rose Way, Salado, TX 76571