Armstrong-Adams House (Historic Site #24)
The Armstrong-Adams House, built ca. 1868, is quite modest in size. Nevertheless, it is a fine example of Greek Revival. Constructed of dressed limestone blocks, it’s five-bay front features quoins, flat arches above double-hung windows with six-over-six lights, projecting portico with cornice, and a flat roof supported by square columns. The home was built between 1869 and 1872 by a local doctor named David Armstrong. Armstrong lived in the home with his wife, Julia. The second occupant of the home was Dr. D. G. Adams. Over the years it has been home to several doctors and serves as a dental office today. The house has undergone extensive renovations over the years but retains its historic footprint. (RTHL, NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
2 North Main Street, Salado, TX 78571