Tyler House (Historic Site #22)
The Tyler House, built in 1857, is located on Main Street across from the historic Anderson House, just north of the creek. Both of these historic structures witness the Greek Revival style in their overall forms and facades, but depart from that style in certain details. Most notably, their porticoes are horizontal in emphasis, and both their design and proportions are not typically those of the Greek Revival style as seen in Texas. It is even possible that the existing porticoes are not original. The originally detached kitchen of the Tyler House was later joined to the main structure around 1935, and in 1971 a one-story room was added to the north side of the house to expand business space. Compatible materials were used in the addition, although it was designed so that it could be removed. (RTHL & NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO HISTORIC LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
175-35 S. Main Street, Salado, TX 76571