Levi-Tenney House (Historic Site #26)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
This home was built in 1860 by a Presbyterian pastor and first president of Salado College, Levi Tenney. Tenny and his family lived in the house for about a year before he was released from his position at the college. The home is one story and is quite modest in size. Nevertheless, it is a fine example of the Greek Revival style of symmetry and proportions. An addition has been added to the back of the structure. Constructed of dressed limestone blocks, it has five-bay front features and displays the use of quoins and flat arches above double-hung windows. The windows have six-over-six lights, projecting portico with cornice, and a flat roof supported by square columns. (NRHP)
100 Pace Park Road, Salado, TX 76571