Shady Villa Hotel/Stagecoach Restaurant (Historic Site #3)
Salado’s Stagecoach Inn was one of the first lots sold in 1860. Thomas Jefferson Eubanks built the Salado House Hotel to serve travelers along the stagecoach route. This historic landmark hotel has gone through many changes over the years, including being known as Buckles Hotel and Shady Villa Hotel. In 1943, entrepreneur Dion Van Bibber and wife Ruth purchased the property, with the old-fashioned restaurant featuring waitresses reciting the daily menu. In 1960, it became a destination resort when the modern motel complex and club were added. The Shady Villa Hotel and Stagecoach Restaurant are still in operation, with updated room amenities, a new pool pavilion, and meeting space for weddings and events
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO HISTORIC LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
416 S. Main Street, Salado, TX 76571