Old Church of Christ (Historic Site #29)
Founded in March 1859, the Church of Christ congregation first met in a brush arbor on the north bank of Salado Creek. The first two elders were James Anderson and J. W. Vickrey, both of whom were instrumental in the organization of Salado College. The A-frame sanctuary, erected on North Main Street in 1875, was destroyed by fire in 1908. A second frame structure served the congregation until 1961. It was replaced by a brick sanctuary. A new building was erected in 1988. This church has served the people of Salado for over a century. (RTHL, SHSL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
217 N Stagecoach Rd, Salado, TX 76571