Hendrickson-Caskey House (Historic Site #13)
The house was built in 1871 and is named for its two most prominent occupants: John Hendrickson and William J. Caskey. John Hendrickson was a stonemason active in building the first Texas State Capitol in 1853, Salado College, Barton House, Twelve Oaks, and Salado’s cable suspension footbridge. In 1882, William Caskey and his wife moved to Salado for their children’s education at Salado College. William was active in establishing Thomas Arnold High School, a member of the Salado Grange #1, Salado Masons. First Baptist Church of Salado used this building as their parsonage until 1924. The building was completely restored. (NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
801 Center Circle Drive, Salado, TX 76571