Hamblen House Marker (Historic Site #31)
The Hamblen homestead was located on the site where the administrative offices of Salado Independent School District and Civic Center now stand. The house was built in 1868 by William and Alice Hamblen, and William served as a trustee for Salado College for 20 years. After William died, Alice donated the family homestead, along with 4.6 acres in 1924, for the site of a new public school. The home was torn down, and the current red school building now stands in its place. Behind the building is the Hamblen family cemetery. (RTHL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
601 N. Main Street, Salado, TX 76571