Halley House (Historic Site #34)
The Captain Halley House was built ca. 1860, for his wife and eight children. The wood-frame construction exhibits Greek Revival symmetry and proportions. As of this writing it is undergoing restoration. It is built of wood-frame construction with clapboard siding, and has an ell-shaped plan. It exhibits Greek Revival symmetry and proportions in its five-bay fronts which feature double-hung windows with six-over-six lights, and pedimented two-story porticoes supported by square columns. Also typical is the use of simple cornice molding, as well as the presence of a central entrance marked with double doors, transom, and sidelights. (RTHL, NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
641 N. Main Street, Salado, TX 76571