First Baptist Church Salado (Historic Site #17)
The First Baptist Church congregation was formed in Salado in 1864. In 1878, the First Baptist Church built a two-story wooden structure that was shared by the local Masonic Lodge 296, AF&AM. The land was donated by O. T. Tyler who lived next door. In the original building, the Baptists met on the first floor and the Masons met on the second floor. The second floor was literally sawed off and moved to Church Street where the Masonic Lodge 296 now meets. The lower half was torn down. Two other markers are at the church: Louisa Adeline (Addie) Barton, a missionary to Mexico; Kate and Zachary Taylor, missionaries to Brazil. (RTHL)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
210 S Main Street, Salado, TX 76571