Barton House (Historic Site #27)
Built in 1866 by Dr. Welborn Barton this two-story native stone house for his wife Louisa and ten children. He and his wife ran a busy medical practice from the house. It was on 22 acres of land purchased from E.S.C.Robertson for $50. After Barton’s death in 1883, Louisa provided room and board for students to supplement her income. She died in 1920. The house consists of two full floors and a cellar, constructed into a hillside. It is now a fine restaurant. (RTHL, NRHP)
THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO LANDMARKS TOUR – PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
101 N. Main Street, Salado, TX 76571